Daily Life of the Surratt Family
This program is recommended for students in grades K - 3
What was Mary Surratt's everyday life really like?
Was it dramatically different than our lives today? Students will learn about the day-to-day life of those who lived on the Surratt property, including Mary Surratt, her family and the enslaved people. During this guided tour of the Surratt house, the program addresses the Surratt family business, social customs and work inside the home.
Maryland Voluntary State Curriculum
• Acquire new vocabulary through listening
• Recall and discuss what they understand
• Identify and question what did not make sense
• Describe how the community has changed over time and how people have contributed to its change
• Examine differences between past and present time
• Describe people, places and artifacts of today and long ago
Programs are given by knowledgeable and experienced educators dressed in period attire of the 1850s and 1860s.